The latest online on-demand course that I've been working on is now out the door. SQL Server Locking, Blocking, and Deadlocks for Developers and DBAs is available at our site: SQL Server Locking, Blocking and Deadlocks for Developers and DBAs (sqldownunder.com)
It's designed to let you learn to find and fix locking issues, and to avoid them in the first place.
To celebrate the release, use coupon code LOCKINGRELEASE until January 20th to get 25% off the price.
Why this course?
I often get called to customer sites and they tell me that they have blocking issues. But what they call blocking issues isn't always accurate. They might mean locks that are held for a long time, or they might mean deadlocks. These are really common issues for customers.
- Have you been working with SQL Server or Azure SQL Database and having issues with blocking and deadlocks?
- Would you like to really understand how SQL Server manages transactions and locks?
- Not sure what isolation levels are about, and which ones you should be using?
- Don't know your app locks from your version stores?
- Do you know the basics but think it's time to extend your knowledge?
- You want to learn from an expert.
If any of these apply to you, this course is for you! And as well as detailed instruction, the course also offers optional practical exercises and quizzes to reinforce your learning.