Just a heads-up that v23 of SDU Tools went out to SDU Insiders yesterday.
You can find details about SDU Tools here: https://sdutools.sqldownunder.com
In v23, we've added or enhanced the following:
- ExcelSerialToDateTime – there's so much corporate data stored in Excel, and if you need to import it to SQL Server, you quickly find that dates and times are a challenge. I have a friend who says that the only data types in Excel are numbers and strings, and that everything else is an illusion. I think that's pretty accurate. This function takes one of the funky Excel decimal numbers (called a Serial) that represents a date and time, and converts it to a SQL Server datetime value.
- DateTimeToExcelSerial – no prizes for guessing what this one does. It's the opposite of the above.
- We've done a lot of updates to internal data within the tools, like all up to date SQL Server build numbers, etc.
- DateDimensionColumns now has StartOfWeek and EndOfWeek
- DateDimensionPeriodColumns now has IsSameWeek, DayOffset, MonthOffset, and WeekOffset
You can see a short video on the new Excel conversion functions here: https://youtu.be/hxmGtKjkcwk
I hope you find the updates useful.