It's been a while coming, but my latest book is now out. Implementing Power BI in the Enterprise is now available in both paperback and eBook. The eBook versions are available in all Amazon stores, and also through most book distributors through Ingram Spark distribution.
I've had a few people ask about DRM-free ePub versions. While the Kindle version on Amazon is their normal DRM setup, you can purchase the DRM free ePub version directly from us here:
Note: that one is manually fulfilled so it might take us a few hours from when you order.
Power BI is an amazing tool. It's so easy to get started with and to develop a proof of concept. Enterprises want more than that. They need to create analytics using professional techniques.
There are many ways that you can do this but in this book, I've described how I implement these projects. And it's gone well for many years over many projects.
If you want a book on building better visualizations in Power BI, this is not the book for you.
Instead, this book will teach you about architecture, identity and security, building a supporting data warehouse, using DevOps and project management tools, learning to use Azure Data Factory and source control with your projects.
It also describes how I implements projects for clients with differing levels of cloud tolerance, from the cloud natives, to cloud friendlies, to cloud conservatives, and to those clients who are not cloud friendly at all.
I also had a few people ask about the table of contents. The chapters are here:
- Power BI Cloud Implementation Models
- Other Tools That I Often Use
- Working with Identity
- Do you need a Data Warehouse?
- Implementing the Data Model Schema
- Implementing the Analytics Schema
- Using DevOps for Project Management and Deployment
- Staging, Loading and Transforming Data
- Implementing ELT and Processing
- Implementing the Tabular Model
- Using Advanced Tabular Model Techniques
- Connecting Power BI and Creating Reports
I hope you enjoy it.