Skype sent down an auto-update today. Looks like it's now 18.104.22.168. Regardless, every time I started Skype, it said:
Exception EXMLDocError in module ezPMUtils.dll at 000E8FCA
Reboots, etc. didn't fix it. What did fix it was moving the file ezPMUtils.dll from the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Plugin Manager to the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Plugin Manager\MLS. Note that at first I tried copying the file to that folder but that did not fix the issue. Moving the file, however, did "fix" the issue in that the error no longer occurs. But of course, the extras manager also no longer functions. It would be really great to see *something* from the people at Skype about this issue.
Hope this helps someone.
It was also very interesting to notice that the auto-update installer still tried to move me across to Google Chrome, away from Internet Explorer. Obviously Skype isn't really integrated into Microsoft yet 🙂