I just spent ages trying to work out why I couldn’t connect to Power BI Report Server using the Reporting Services Configuration Manager.
Amazingly, I hadn’t had to reconfigure it since I installed it, but now I needed to change the email account.
And it just wouldn’t see that it existed. If I put MACHINENAME only, it told me it couldn’t find the server, and if I put MACHINENAME\PBIRS, it said it was an invalid namespace.
For some reason, what I hadn’t noticed before is that there are now two:
- Reporting Services Configuration Manager
- Report Server Configuration Manager
as you can see from the screenshot above that I got by searching for just “configuration”.
Using the second option worked just fine.
So, hope that helps someone else find it, and at least next time I’ve forgotten the issue, I might find my own blog post…